Skip to main content

Writing Update 5-31-2016

Hello everyone and Bright Blessings! I hope everyone is doing well? I have been quite busy with writing content articles for my Crowd Content writer's account, and making some much needed side money. To date I have written 19 short articles for them, and I have made $63.00. No that does not sound like a lot, however I recently just started accepting work from them. Some articles pay $2.40 per 200 words, and then there are some that pay higher amounts. The last article I wrote was 800 words long and explained the basic structure of a argumentative essay for college students,that paid me  a decent $16.00. Realistically that is more pay than just one Kindle or Paperback book sale pays from Amazon, so in actuality I am making more per "sale" from working for a content writing service. I would have to sell several copies of my books to get to $63.00 on Amazon if you go by their royalty payment scale. I get paid every two weeks from Crowd Content if the payment threshold reaches $10.00. I have applied to other content writer services that are looking for freelance writers, so hopefully soon my side income will become a more stable venture,and I finally get to see more money flowing. Being a writer is my dream, and I am extremely determined to make a full time living from it someday.
Writing on my book series has obviously taken a downturn, due to my sudden need to be making it rain, but The Darkened Path series is far from forgotten, and the next scene of Hearts On Fire is percolating in my mind. Dragons are difficult creatures to write about, and Lucan Drake is definitely not your average scaly serpent.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Hearts on Fire :Draconia Rising" Update

Hello everyone and Bright Blessings. It's been a few minutes since I was here last, and I come in to report some great news. "Hearts on Fire: Draconia Rising" is currently at 40 pages and slightly over 15,200 words as of this writing. I am quite in love with my new writing program LibreOffice 5, it makes writing so much easier to get done. To give you all a tiny glimpse of my newest work, here is a snippet from page 7, where Tristan McKinley adopts for his daughter, a very unusual kitten... "Thirty minutes later, Tristan pulled into his driveway, and parked in the massive three car garage. His daughter was literally bouncing up and down on the deck, as apparently grandpa had broke the news about a special present was on its way. He barely had time to get out of the car and go towards the passenger door, when an excited squeal greeted him and a tiny weight collided with his knees. Lily stared up at him with anticipation and asked “Can I see her, what does she look...

"shadows in the Night" is published!

Hello everyone and Bright Blessings! I came in to announce, that I started the new year with a new book being published...that's right, "Shadows in the Night" by S.M.Phillips, is LIVE on Kindle!  Don't miss you chance to get one of the newest books of 2018! The Paperback is coming soon, when the files are done being reviewed. I will post an update as soon as I get clearance. I have to go fdor now, gotta get this shiny new book promoted to the masses! Book Description: "  What exactly is a ghost? Have you ever looked at someone who was acting rather oddly, and felt they just might be possessed? Do you need help with removing unwanted entities and energies from your home and life? This handy little novel has all the information you need, to protect yourself from negatives, summon and communicate with benign spirits, herbs, gemstones and other curios associated with spiritual properties, and tools and tricks to get you started on exploring the spirit world and ga...

Shadows in the Night, A Novel by S.M.Phillips